Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Come on in

Thursday 17 February 2011

A Coastal walk and a sad week for our family.

Had a lovely but cold walk today. It was a bit last minute , but when my friend suggested a walk today because we missed our Tuesday walk, I jumped at the chance. My Uncle died late on Tuesday and I have felt the loss in many ways. Today I took the opportunity to have fresh air clear my head with an 8 mile walk along the coast
I can't believe I have never been to see these Gormley guys before
. Funny how you never investigate your local area but always look to go farther out to places for outings.
When I first heard about these guys I wondered what all the fuss was about, and as I hate over hype of any sort I avoided going to see them.
Today I came across them by accident.... I had forgotten they were there and also hadn't realised how far we had walked. They were a great sight. There was also evidence of scouse humour / vandalism , where someone had painted on swimming trunks and arm bands on one of the men ! When it is a better day weather wise I will take my camera back there for some better photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment