Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Come on in

Monday 14 February 2011

Opposites

I wrote a piece about someone who was so superstitious that it was ruining her life. I wondered what it would be like to write a piece about a character that was totally the opposite. I liked the start of it. Now I am wondering if these two people are related or work collegues , neighbours or..........? may have to finish it now so I can find out.. ha ha ha !


Neighbourly Nonsense

Joan was a matter of fact no nonsense woman, and she prided herself in that.
She was the sort of woman to tread on cracks in the pavement and walk under ladders on Friday the 13th. So when she was given a lucky rabbits foot as a gift from Amelia’s trip to Bonnie Scotland she was not impressed.
“It wasn’t lucky for the sod of a rabbit “she quipped when she opened it. “What do I do with a thing like this. Waste of money Amelia, you could have put it towards a nice bottle of scotch. Now that I could use ! ”
Amelia had no doubt of that.  Joan had developed a taste for it several years ago and was becoming far too reliant on it as a relaxant after a days’ work.
                                                                                                                       B M C 13.02.11

1 comment:

  1. Interesting concept. You can just imagine the bickering Amelia (I'm assuming she is the superstitious one) and Joan would do!

    ReplyDelete