Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Come on in

Monday 31 January 2011

A trip to the Walker Art Gallery in Liverpool

Well my Open University course my be coming to a close but I am determined to carry on writing.... was that ever a film ??

Finding myself at a loose end today I made an early start an took myself on the train to Liverpool. I haven't been on the train for ages and can't remember when I last went to Liverpool. I had a stroll around the new Liverpool One shopping area and wasn't impressed so I made my way up to the Philharmonic passed the bombed out church to meet a friend who has a studio up there. She is a very good dressmaker/designer, we first met when we both worked as consultants for the textile industry ( she is young and enthusiastic and is the girl I went to Paris with for her 30th . She goes under business name of Shameless Originals if you are looking for your own unique outfit). We had a breakfast in the Pilgrim Pub up that end of Liverpool. Whilst we were waiting for the breakfast to arrive I told her of a vague idea for a story and my plan to have a look in the ' Walker' for some inspiration.
My feet were sore by the time I walked back to the shopping end of town, perhaps new shoes with heels are not the best equipment for pounding the touristy pavements of the city (uneven paving slabs and lots of cobbles ! ) When I got to the Walker Gallery I just wanted to sit down. I sat in the first gallery I came to which just happened to be my favourite pre raphaelite artists. And ... it happened..... inspiration grabbed me and wouldn't let go. I made a few hasty notes while I was there then rushed off for the train home before anything dampened it.
This is just a quick note because now I am going to write it all down.
Bye eee
x

No comments:

Post a Comment