Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Come on in

Thursday 20 January 2011

The lunch time sandwhich

It promised heaven on a plate
Seduced with words like fresh and soft
That wasn't what I ate

Described the bread as grain and nutty
the cheese as creamy crumbly Lancs
That wasn't on my butty

I should wrap it up and take it back
where was the home made apple chutney
That wasn't in my snack.

The bread was dry, tasteless and plain
last weeks cheese was hard and lonely.
I won't make my own lunch again.

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Can imagine the scene so well. By the way, what on earth are fat rascals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee hee, they are a cross between a big scone and a raspberry bun/rock cake, often with cherry or sultanas or/and almond decoration on top. Big enough for greedy people like me. :)

    Thanks.:)

    ReplyDelete