Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Come on in

Wednesday 19 January 2011

The Next Stage

27th August 2010

Well I had a go at the vegan diet but once the oncologist told me that changing diet doesnt help my type of cancer I went back to including eggs and cheese and a little bit of fish in my diet. Food now tastes so much better !!!

The tamoxifen tablets I am on now are horrible. they give me daily headaches that often turn to migraine without warning, blurred vision, aching joints, tiredness, nausea and countless more......

I am haveing some sessions of reiki and reflexology to see if I can counteract the side effects holistically. With all this my prognosis is 70% without tamoxifen etc it is only 50% so its worth bashing on with the tablets and side effects ... just a case of put up and shut up.

My hubby and I have taken up walking properly, and are planning to walk the Dales way next year so we are getting in lots of practice and of course I am putting my walking outfit together now !!!! It all has to colour co-ordinate ! lol. Heaven forbid if I my colours look thrown together as well as saturated by rain and splattered with mud. :)

I have also started to weed out the craftes I no longer want to do . Now that I am not working I cant justify spending out on expensive hobbies so the knitting and quilting has to go. I will still keep hold of hand embroidery and machine sewing/embroidery. But I have added writing and walking to the hobby list because it is much cheaper and takes up loads of time. All you need is a pen and paper for the writing and once I have the right outfit :) lol all I need for walking is enthusiasm .

At the moment I am clearing a spare room to make a study ( yes I know that at this particular moment I am typing at the computer, but we all need a break ). It is taking me a long time because I keep coming across memories then I sit and dwell on them and as is happening so often these days , I wonder were the time went and why it goes so fast.

I must have kept all the childrens drawings ( or paint splodges ) from their early years along with presents they made and school work.... the photos will take me years to sort out and put in albums.... and my own dolls and kiddy bits and pieces are also in there.  I havent the heart to throw them away, not after keeping them all this time.

 Have you noticed now that in antique shops things we had as children in the house and toys are now being sold as antiques. Depressing isnt it? I dont feel like an antique. What happened to retro? I could cope with being retro! Retro seems to be the 70's and 80's now. Even vintage would be a nicer description, it makes one seem elegant and irreplaceable, treasured and savoured , like a vintage wine.

Time to carry on with the sorting.

Bye for now :)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment