Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Come on in

Thursday 20 January 2011

Teen v Adult Fiction continued

Discussion has spread to more family and friends... some of the comments are as follows.:
I was 13 when I started to read Wilbur Smith novels so there is really no such thing as teen fiction. Teens read what they like.


You can't put teens in one box. Some teens are out drinking and smoking and know more swear words than adults. Others are stuck in front of computer games and some are scouting or swotting for exams. What one book of teen fiction would suit all of them.

I read the Twighlight series and it was better than some of my books for adults.


When you are a teen you think you are an adult. In the library you are more likely to look in the adult section than be seen in the childrens section.
I was quite shocked at the things they write about now in Children and teen books.

It seems to me that unless you write about one parent families or dysfunctional families you won't get your children books published. It seems they don't want children to believe that a normal family with two parents can be happy or interesting.
Normal happy families are too Enid Blyton.

And the debate continues..............

No comments:

Post a Comment