Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Come on in

Wednesday 19 January 2011

A new year.... a new start ????

Well I am sitting here writing a blog when I should be writing 1500 word short story for the OU.
I have come across an interesting debate. I found my story was starting to lean towards teen fiction and asked the tutor if teen fiction would be allowed for the assignment. The answer was no. Not unless it crosses with adult fiction such as in the case of the missing dog at midnight by Mark Haddon.
I posted on our forum to that effect and the interesting debate it sparked off was..... where does Teen fiction end and adult fiction begin. Theses days more and more adults are reading storys such as Harry Potter and the Golden Compass, Inkheart and Spiderwick chronicles. Narnia is another good example.
With older teens probably knowing more than my generation did at that age, were can you draw the line and say 'that is for an adult and that is for a teen'
Now I have not only grammar and punctuation , spelling and layout, Genre and point of view I also have to consider the fine line of age/ maturity when writing something bordering on teen/adult interest.
Grrrr
Back to my 1500 words.

Toodle pip !

No comments:

Post a Comment