Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Come on in

Thursday 3 March 2011

What a few weeks continued

Had a lovely 11 mile walk along the canal and back around the fields and now to continue my story. ........

A few days after Harry died I took Mum to the shops she cried in the car because Dad had slurred and his mouth had dropped down at the side the day before and he won't go to the Drs or talk about it and she certainly didn't want me to talk to my Dad about it and said she shouldn't be telling me. I noticed dad had trouble with his hand and arm on the day Harry died.
Spooky isn't it. That the story I wrote for my assignment was about a stroke victim and because I knew nothing about strokes I researched. So when I saw him rubbing his hand and holding his arm funny I latched on to it and asked or he wouldn't have said anything. That morning he had gone to Blackpool on his own, so when I phoned mum to tell her about Harry he wasn't there. But he didnt go to Blackpool he got off the bus in Preston and came home... He didnt know about Harry then , there was no reason to come home. He said he felt mean leaving mum on her own but he's been out all day before !! I am suspecting that he didnt feel well and came back because he knew it wasn't the norm. He won't tell us though if he feels ill. Seven or so years ago they didnt tell me mum had her stroke till 4 days after it. She had been in a train station when it happened and they didnt phone an ambulance for her they just got a taxi home.
So I added up speach + mouth + arm and got possible stroke??? Worried about Dad I ended up emailing their gp and asking if they could maybe send him a letter asking him to come for a routine check for the elderly and not to let on that I have told them anything because I promoised mum I wouldn't. If they know I've interfered they wont tell me anything again. Mums been in tears over it and its upsetting her tummy but dad hates Doctors and hospitals and wont go off his own bat.

The doctors surgery did write to my Dad and he has ignored it.

The day before the anniversary of my brother in laws Death I woke up about 6am. I felt the need to send Reiki to my husbands remaining brother. I don't know why but I followed my instincts and sent reiki for an hour even though my shoulder, arm and hand kept going dead/numb and uncomfortable. I left it until 8am to text his wife and ask if everything was ok cos I'd had the feeling to reiki Ste. She started to cry... It appears that my bro in law had got his lift to work an hour earlier that day and they had been in a head on collision not far from work at around 6.45am. A driver 3 times over the limit had driven into them at over 50 mph. The front passengers were just in shock, Ste and the other back passenger had been hurt. His Shoulder, arm and hand needed an xray. The other back passenger had been taken off to hospital on a spine board and she is still in hospital. They said it could or even should have been much worse. Police said they were really lucky. I just thank the universe for waking me up to send Reiki.

And yesterday... The first Anniversary of hubby's Bro's death...was a sad day and consequently with all the tension of the last few weeks it ended in a blinding Migraine....

The walk was refreshing, the sun shone and I didn't notice the wind too much. I'm off to pour myself a Gin and tonic before another round of ' in-law ' visiting.

8 comments:

  1. I'm not surprised you ended up with a migraine - sounds as if you've been through a really difficult time. I did feel for you that your Dad wouldn't go to the doctor - parents can be so difficult but you can only do so much. My mother too hated hospitals and doctors and would never go. She died about 13 years ago now, just dropped down in the street. I wrote a little piece about it for one of the exercises and strangely enough just put it on my blog as I reworked it a bit for the writers' group. But, apart from the shopping list, it is all as it happened. Although I still do have the lottery ticket!

    Have you shown your story about the stroke victim to your Dad - maybe you should? On a brighter note, my mother always used to say things came in three's, so perhaps the worst is passed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that.... I also think things come in threes so maybe you are right. Funny thing is , that I don't show my parents my writings but I did show my Aunty and Uncle. They have read the exercises for TMA's. Dad also has Glaucoma, the optician diagnosed it years ago (so he stopped seeing the optician and now buys off the peg glasses) but Dad won't go to the hospital to have it seen to. Consequently he has now lost the sight in his right eye.
    I will read your blog now that I have a little more time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so sorry about your Dad's glaucoma. I too have this in my right eye and have to put drops in every night, which sounds simple but just sometimes is such a fag. It does tend to be hereditary (I have a 96 year aunt who has lost most of her sight, but she just didn't know about it until too late). I am just so pleased it was picked up at a routine eye check. Hope you have your eyes checked regularly? I don't know what you can do about your Dad? Perhaps if you act really out of character - maybe you are too understanding - you could shock him into action? I should be preparing my next eTMA, it's due a week today, but I'm prevaricating again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you don't mind me mentioning this but I find your headings very difficult to read. The colour seems to do something funny to my eyes. It could, of course be the result of my glaucoma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi... I don't mind you mentioning it, because it has been annoying me too. I can't read them and I've tried to alter them but They just revert back once I fininsh.... I'll have another go when i have more patience.

    I have regular checks for my eyes especially after the chemotherapy made them worse. I tried making Dad feel guilty by telling him that if he got his seen to in hospital and it was officially recorded that he had it then I wouldn't have to pay for my eye check ups.... but it fell on stoney ground.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It still won't let me do black titles/headings I have had to use purple. Hope that is better. I quite like it............. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Purple's good - I quite like purple and green, reminds me of lavender bushes which I also like. I was thinking about you yesterday as I had an email from my cousin in Australia to say that her mum, my favourite aunt, who is 95 and has cancer, has had to go into hospital and we all fear it's only a matter of time. It's just so unfair that she should get to 95, be really lively and full of life, but has to go through this. She is in a lot of pain and we are just hoping the end will be quick. But then looking at events in Japan, anything we suffer seems so trite.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. All right, chick. I know you are never on here these days, but Pippa gave me this award and so I'm passing it on to you.

    I have been presented with an award and I wanted to pass it on to you! Enjoy! http://christykatemckenzie.blogspot.com/2011/06/irresistably-sweet-blog-award.html

    See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete